Beach vacations offer families the opportunity to come together and create memories that will last a lifetime. South Carolina’s coastline is full of natural beauty, but you can’t beat Fripp Island Beach. This small, tranquil stretch of sand provides visitors with an array of activities and opportunities for relaxation that you won’t find anywhere else in the Lowcountry. We invite you to come and explore our oasis!
How to Make the Most of Your Time at Fripp Island Beach
Are you searching for something different in a beach trip? Do you want to avoid the large crowds of popular South Carolina beaches like Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach, and Isle of Palms? Or maybe you just want to escape to a quiet corner of the Palmetto State coast. Well, then Fripp Island Beach is the perfect place for you. Our 3.5-miles of pristine beach shoreline offer guests a place of untouched solitude. The beautiful sandy stretches are fantastic for exploring, relaxing, and watching the sunrise. Trust us; this is a place where you and your family will make memories that last a lifetime!
Tip: We ask that everyone on the beach respect the critical habitat surrounding it. Please stay off the sand dunes, do not disturb nesting sea turtles or birds (it is a federal crime), and clean up after yourself. Thanks for keeping Fripp Island Beach a safe and clean oasis!
- There are no lifeguards on duty. Take extra safety precautions and swim at your own risk.
- Dangerous rip currents may form in the surf. View Rip Tides – Break the Grip for safety tips on how to identify and deal with rip currents.
- Tides change swiftly, so be sure to keep off of sandbars.
- Check out the tide chart to plan your beach hangout times.
- Alligators may be present in beach wetlands and tidal pools. Do not wade in standing water on the beach.
Other Activities for the Family on Fripp Island
There are plenty of ways to make the most of your vacation in between relaxing on Fripp Island Beach. Check out some of our favorites below!
- Play a round of golf at two of our renowned golf courses.
- Savor delicious food at one of our restaurants.
- Explore the Activity & Nature Center.
- Discover Hunting Island’s wonderful wilderness.
- Take a boat excursion or charter fishing trip around the outskirts of the island.
- Zip around the island on your golf cart!
Fripp Island Golf & Beach Resort is your key to the ultimate Lowcountry getaway. Our collection of resort rentals features everything from one-bedroom studios to large houses holding up to 27 guests! In addition to the many activities that all of our guests receive access to, you’re only 18 miles from Beaufort, where classic Southern charm permeates throughout the small island town. Although, you may never want to leave our island oasis! Don’t forget to check out our vacation deals to see how you can make the most of your trip.
Start planning your beach trip today by booking one of our properties. We look forward to welcoming you to the Fripp Island family!