The Ultimate List of Fun Things to Do on Fripp Island
What makes Fripp Island unique among South Carolina Resorts? EVERYTHING! Check out this ultimate to-do list and find out more about Fripp Island. From day trips around the area to golfing options galore, there is truly something for everyone to enjoy on your next trip to South Carolina!
Keep the Lowcountry in Your Pocket
Top Ten Things to Do on Fripp Island
Savor the Cuisine
1. Experience a spectacular sunset while dining with your family at the Bonito Boathouse. Enjoy Lowcountry favorites like She Crab Soup or Shrimp & Grits while overlooking the Marina and marsh.
Enjoy the View & Nature
2. Watch the sunrise over the Atlantic while strolling on the beach and shelling along the way.
3. Climb the Hunting Island Lighthouse (all 167 steps!) for a breathtaking view of the South Carolina coast
4. Take a cruise aboard the Fripper II and go shelling, look for dolphins, learn about the waters surrounding Fripp or enjoy the sunset from the water.
5. Try your hand at fishing in the waters that Outdoor Life magazine called a “saltwater paradise.” Charter a fishing excursion, hit the inlet in a skiff or be a landlubber and fish Wardle’s Landing or the Bonito Bridge.
Get Away for the Day
6. Take a day trip to St. Helena where you can learn about the Gullah culture at the Penn Center, visit the Chapel of Ease or purchase a handcrafted sweetgrass basket.
7. Head into Beaufort where you can experience a carriage ride through the historic district, take a guided movie tour, visit one of the many art galleries or watch the river flow by from one of the many swings in Waterfront Park.
8. Visit the place where Marines are made when you attend a Friday graduation at Parris Island. Don’t miss the museum while you’re there.
9. Make your life’s milestones unforgettable when you celebrate them at Fripp Island.
10. Catch a double feature at the Hwy 21 Drive-In – one of very few left in the country!
- Heed the Sandbar’s call where island breezes, frosty beverages, and live entertainment await.
- Cross “go horseback riding on the beach” off your bucket list by calling Camelot Farms.
- Kick back in a swing (there’s one at the end of Blue Gill as well as many others) and enjoy the beauty of Fripp and a marsh or ocean view.
- Rent a skiff from Island Excursions and see if you can find dolphins strand feeding – something unique to our waters.
- Let our Naturalists take you on a guided kayak tour or canoe over to Pritchard’s Island which is uninhabited.
- Rent a golf cart and go on a Golf Cart Scavenger Hunt.
- Walk with members of our Turtle Patrol and learn about loggerhead turtles and our conservation efforts. If you’re lucky, you might see hatchlings making their way to the ocean for the first time.
- Visit the Fripp Island Nature and Activity Center and hold a live snake!
- While enjoying a round of golf at Ocean Creek, find the bench that marks the spot where scenes from Forrest Gump were filmed.
- Oh, deer! Watch as deer get up close and personal on the road, in your yard, or on the golf course.
- Pose for a silly picture with the alligator statue on the Beach Club lawn.
- Catch a Pro Exhibition at the Racquet Club.
- Play around at Ocean Point and finish both the front and back nine against a backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Imagine pirates of old in Skull Inlet as you take in the view from Cabana Club while the kids explore the mist cave and frog slide.
- Walk Fripp’s own Audubon Trail on Porpoise Drive.
- Enjoy a picturesque photo op of the shrimp boats at Gay Fish Company.
- Remember your vacation forever when you take a family beach portrait.
- Go birding and find out why Fripp Island has been named an Important Bird Area. See if you can spot wood storks, egrets, herons and many more species that call Fripp home.