Fripp Island South Carolina Beach Weddings
If you’re looking for the perfect location for your South Carolina beach wedding, then look no further than Fripp Island Golf & Beach Resort. As one of South Carolina’s best beach wedding venues, and a ‘2016 The Knot Best of Weddings‘ award winner, our Fripp Island wedding venue offers an unforgettable location and all the event services & amenities to make that special day both effortless and fun.
Let our experienced staff cater to your every need while you have the wedding of your dreams on Fripp Island. With numerous venue and facility options for your special day, our Fripp Island wedding venue can accommodate almost any size group event. Your wedding day should be the best day of your life. An exciting whirlwind filled with the love of family and friends. At Fripp Island Resort, we can make your dreams come true.
Imagine an outdoor South Carolina beach wedding ceremony with the sounds of the ocean and a gorgeous sunset as your backdrop. There is no doubt that our island is the perfect beach wedding destination! Fripp Island Resort combines natural allure, beautiful facilities, and our gracious staff for your perfect day! Learn more about booking our Fripp Island wedding venue for your dream South Carolina beach wedding.
Beyond planning every detail of your big day, we can also plan a day for the groomsmen – a custom golf tournament on one of our two championship golf courses full of fun and relaxation. Or hit the water with a thrilling fishing charter complete with lunch and cocktails, or plan a bridesmaids luncheon poolside or shopping and a tour of Historic Beaufort. Whatever you desire and needs just let us know and we’ll see what we can do!
Wedding & Event Facilities
Let Fripp Island Resort provide you with the perfect venue and event services to make any wedding, banquet or special occasion a memorable one! With 3½ miles of private beach, our island affords wonderful options for groups of many sizes. We have experience hosting a multitude of beach weddings, family reunions, and even business meetings, so don’t hesitate in contacting us for more details about our beautiful South Carolina wedding venue and top-notch event facilities!
The Beach Club
At the island’s center is the Beach Club which houses our main meeting facility, the Oceanview Room. We also have outdoor locations that are perfect for the smaller more intimate groups or our Beach Pavilion which can host a very large group.
Fripp can accommodate groups of all kinds from executive sessions to auditorium-style for up to 225 people.
The Ocean Creek - Cart Tent
The Ocean Creek - Cart Tent, located on the south end of the island, offers numerous indoor and outdoor facilities perfect for low country oyster roasts, wedding receptions, or parties of any kind.
The 12th Hole
The 12th hole is located on the Ocean Creek Golf Course overlooking the Great Salt Marsh. This beautiful outdoor venue is perfect for ceremonies.
The Creek House
The Creek House is a Lowcountry style covered and screened facility used for group receptions, dinners, and cookouts. Offering an on-site Oyster and bonfire pit, this facility is second to none for a good old-fashioned Oyster Roast. The Creek House is a perfect place to socialize, enjoy great food, and bring together friends, family, and groups.
Dreaming of Your Fripp Wedding?
Click through the panel below to learn more about your wedding experience at Fripp Island Resort! These are some of the most common questions about Fripp Island Resort. If you do not find the answer to your question, please contact us. We also encourage you to follow Group Events Instagram page & get a special glimpse inside the many events that are held across the resort!
Assignment of Function SpaceFunction space is assigned based on the number of persons expected. In the event that attendance numbers increase or decrease, Resort management may find it necessary to change the location, without prior notification, to a room better suited for your attendance and the type of function. Applicable charges will apply to the space reserved for your function.
Room ChargesA room rental charge, starting at $500 plus a 20% service charge and South Carolina State and Local sales tax will be added will apply per 4-hour function. Additional set-up fees may apply to function space. White linens are included in the room charge for your catered functions. Specialty linens or different colored linens can be obtained for a nominal fee with advance notice.
PricingWritten confirmation of prices for all banquet food and beverage selections may be obtained six (6) months prior to group arrival. Our menus do change annually; therefore, the Director of Catering will assist you in making comparable selections, in the case of a menu change during the planning phase for your conference or event.
Menu SelectionAll food and beverage served at our Resort are provided by Proof of the Pudding at Fripp Island Resort. Final Menu selections must be submitted to the Director of Catering at least 30 days prior to the event. Fripp Island does not allow outside catering of Food (with the exception of special occasion cakes) or Beverages, including Liquor, Beer, and Wine. A 20% service charge and South Carolina State and Local sales tax will be added to all food and beverage items. A buffet menu is necessary for all outdoor functions. Buffet banquet food lines are designed for 1 ½ hour of service, with additional charges incurred if this time period is extended. The selection of a buffet menu for less than 25 people will also require a surcharge of $100.00.
Beverage and Food ServiceThe South Carolina Liquor Commission regulates the sales and service of alcoholic beverages. Fripp Island Resort is responsible for the administration of these regulations. Additionally, the Resort’’ license requires the Resort to
- Request proper identification (photo ID of any person of questionable age and refuse alcoholic beverage service if the person is underage or cannot produce proper ID)
- Refuse alcoholic beverage service to any person who, in the Resort’s judgement, appears intoxicated. It is the Resort’s policy, therefore, that liquor cannot be brought into the Resort from outside sources and must be supplied by Fripp Island Resort. Additionally, the Resort does not allow food or beverage to be brought into the Resort, whether purchased or catered from outside sources.
Engineering and Electrical ChargesSpecial engineering and electrical requirements must be specified in writing at least (21) days prior to the function. Charges will be based on the labor involved and the power drain.
Weather PolicyIn all cases, the Fripp Island Resort reserves the right to make a final decision if lighting storms or severe weather conditions are expected in the vicinity that may endanger the safety of guests or employees. Should there be a report of a 30% or more chance of rain in the area, the scheduled function will take place in the designated back-up area. Temperatures below 60 degrees and/or wind gusts in excess of 20mph shall also because to hold the function indoors. This decision will be made no less than five hours prior to the scheduled starting time of the function. Should the decision be delayed and result in a double-set up of the function, a service charge of $5 per guest will be added to your master account.
Labor ChargesAdditional carvers, station attendants, and food and cocktail servers are available. Please consult the Director of Catering for current pricing. The Resort reserves the right to request additional labor fees due to extra-ordinary needs in this area.
GuaranteeIn order that Fripp Island Resort may properly prepare for your event, it is very important that we receive your confirmed attendance numbers ten (10) working days prior. Final guaranteed number, within 10% of confirmed attendance, must be received three (3) working days prior to the event, by 12:00 noon. Your charge will be based on this guaranteed number, plus any additional charges over and above. Meals will be prepared based on your guaranteed number. However, if you wish, the room may be set for 5% over your guarantee and our banquet kitchen will make every effort to duplicate your meal for additional guests. If this cannot be done, a substitute entrée will be provided.
DamagesPatron agrees to be responsible and reimburse Fripp Island Resort for any damages done by patron or patron’s guests, employees, independent contractors or other agents under the control of the patron.
Cancellation PolicyCancellations received in writing 30 or more days prior to the event will result in a full refund of the deposit. Cancellations made less than 30 or more days before the event will result in forfeiture of the deposit, or 50% of the anticipated billing, whichever is greater.
Do you host ceremonies on-site?
Yes – whether it’s a ceremony on the beach or a more formal ceremony at our Fripp Island Chapel, we can help you with all your needs. If you need help finding a church in the area we can help you with a list of names and phone numbers.
Can I provide my own caterer?
All food and beverage for planned events must be purchased through the resort. All outside catering is prohibited.
Do you have someone on Island that can perform the ceremony?
Yes, we can help you with a person to perform the ceremony.
Can you provide accommodations for guests staying on the island?
Absolutely! We offer your guests a 10% discount on qualifying accommodations (excluding July).
How many guests can your Island accommodate for my wedding?
We can provide a variety of options for either a small intimate wedding or as many as 250 people.
Fripp Island Wedding & Event Vendors:
- Charlotte Berkely Photography | www.charlotteberkely.com
- Susan DeLoach Photography | www.susandeloachphotography.com
- Captured Moments Photography | www.cmoments.com
- Christi Clark Photography | www.christiclarkphotography.com
- King of the Hill Photography | www.kingofthehillphotography.com
- Hilton Head Entertainment | www.hiltonheadentertainment.com
- East Coast Entertainment | www.eastcoastentertainment.com
- Lowcountry Pianist & Company | www.lowcountrypianist.com
- Sam Hill Bands | www.samhillbands.com
- By Request Entertainment (843) 556-1133
- Mike McSwain Agency (843) 763-3805
- Crush Entertainment: Josh Lynch | www.crushisland.com
- JLK (Lighting, Entertainment, and Photo Booths) | www.jlkevents.com
- Men in Beaufort | (803) 960-3810
- Chris Jones | www.acousticacrobat.com
- Christopher Paul | www.cpaul.com
- Doug Yates - Scottish Bag Piping | www.yatespiping.com
- Coastal Chamber Musicians | www.coastalchambermusicians.com
- Rabinowitz Music Studio | www.rabinowitzmusic.com
- Carolina Floral Design | www.carolinafloraldesign.com
- Outrageous Floral Designs | www.outrageosfloraldesign.com
- Southern Poppy | www.southernpoppy.com
- Laura's Carolina Florist | www.laurascarolinaflorist.com
- Southern Coast Flowers | www.southerncoastflowers.com
- Carolina Cuppity Cakes | (843) 263-4842
- Sweet Vivi's | www.sweetvivis.com
- Brown Sugar Custom Cakes | www.brownsugarcustomcakes.com
- Island Cookies by Kelly | (330) 990-4013
- Carrie Castano | (201) 317-0860
- Southern Comfort Limo | www.socolimo.com
- The Point Limousine | (843) 379-9450
- Silver Oak Transportation | www.silveroaktransportation.net
- Lowcountry Valet & Shuttle | www.lowcountryvalet.com
- Limelight | www.limelightsalon.net
- Circa 1810 | www.circa1810-salon.com
- Veranda Beach Salon | (843) 838-9179
- Aqua MedSpa and Salon | www.aquamedspaandsalon.com
- Brides Side Beauty - Kiah Holland | www.bridessidebeauty.com
- Amazing Event Rentals | www.amazinglowcountryevents.com
- Event Haus | www.eventhausrentals.com
- Hilton Head / Bluffton Events by Ranco | (912) 944-6200
Fripp Island Chapel:
- Rebecca Climer (615) 347-8378
- Please contact the Group Sales Department with any questions at 800-334-3022
Fripp Island Resort is pleased to announce that we been selected as a ‘2016 The Knot Best of Weddings‘ award winner. This award represents the highest-rated wedding professionals as reviewed by real couples, their families and wedding guests on The Knot, the #1 wedding resource.
In 2016, only 2% of the 250,000 local wedding professionals listed on TheKnot.com have received this distinguished accolade. In its tenth annual year, The Knot continues its longstanding tradition of supporting local wedding vendors with The Knot Best of Weddings 2016, an annual by-couples, for-couples guide to the top wedding professionals across the country.
To determine the winners, The Knot assessed almost one million reviews from real couples across the various vendor categories—venues, musicians, florists, photographers, caterers and more. These winners represent the best of the best for wedding planning professionals that a bride or groom would want to consider order to inspire, plan and pull off their own unique wedding.
Fripp Island Resort now caters in Beaufort! We don’t just offer our wonderful catering for weddings and special events exclusively on the resort anymore, but we also are able to travel off the island to locations throughout Beaufort. We continue to offer everything from simple picnic menus to the perfect dinner for that very special occasion.
Cater an event in your home or at one of the many venues around Beaufort, or better yet come see us at the resort and enjoy our great food service along with our beautiful facilities.